Records & Services
Accident Reports - $10 per report
Incident Reports - $.10 per page
Handgun Local Fee - $50/Lifetime $40/Lifetime if current valid license
$10/5-yr License (right now this fee is free)
Fingerprinting - $5 per card
*Payments by Credit or Debit Card, Money Order. NO personal Checks.
Accident Reports: If you are in an accident and the report was taken by a Cumberland police officer, a copy of your accident report can be obtained three to five days after the date of the incident from the Cumberland Police Department Records Division (please remove the $5.00 fee) You can also obtain a copy of your report from BuyCrash.com for a nominal fee 24/7.
To pay in person for Cumberland issued ticket: Contact Michelle Jones, Court Clerk, at 317-894-3525 or visit the Cumberland Police Department on
Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
How to apply for a handgun permit:
- Go to https://firearms.ariesportal.com/
- Select the country you live in and fill out the application completely.
- Select the type of permit you are applying for: “5-year” or “lifetime”.
- Click “Submit”.
- Call (877) 472-6917 to schedule your appointment with Morpho Trust for electronic fingerprinting.
- After fingerprinting, take the proper form of payment for local fees, fingerprint receipt and photo ID to your local police department to finish your application. You will be contacted when your handgun application is approved.
*To be able to pay at the Cumberland Police Department, the applicant must live within the Cumberland Police Department boundaries. If unsure of address boundaries, please call the department at 317-894-3525.
8:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday
Requirements: Owner of the vehicle, valid driver with driver’s license, current vehicle registration, proof of insurance
VIN checks on vehicles that are purchased out of state can be checked at the Cumberland Police Department. Bring the vehicle to be checked, VIN form, title information, Photo ID, and payment of $5.00. No personal checks.
Salvage VIN Checks are not performed at the Cumberland Police Department. Check with the State Police for Salvage VIN Checks.