Planning & Development
Assistant Town Manager Christine Owens heads up the Cumberland Planning & Development Department. Christine came to Cumberland in 2008 as the Director of Planning & Development and was promoted to Assistant Town Manager in 2017. Christine obtained her bachelor's degree from the Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs and previously worked for the Town of Avon, the Northwestern Indiana Regional Commission, and the City of Valparaiso. Christine oversees planning, community development and re-development, building permits and inspections, ADA and Title VI coordination, code enforcement, and many other area.
Cumberland is a two-county Town, with the portion of town in Marion County subject to Uni-gov. Since the town is an included town, all planning and building projects for Marion County go through the City of Indianapolis. The portion of the Town in Hancock County works through the Town. If you are unsure which county your project is in, please contact Christine.
- Proposed Access Management Plan
- Proposed Amendment to the Thoroughfare Plan
- Proposed Thoroughfare Plan Update - Summary
- Proposed Access Management Summary
- ADA Transition Plan -Sidewalks Inventory
- ADA Transition Plan -Ramps Inventory
- ADA Transition Plan
- Title VI Grievance Form
- Public Involvement Survey
- Title VI Nondiscrimination Implementation Plan & Policy